Hello everybody, my presentation is about Canada. That is because I like Canada and they speak English there.
Canada is the second largest country in the world (after Russia). Canada is in North-America. There are 34 million inhabitants. The capital of Canada is Ottawa. They speak in Canada English and French.
Weather and climate
Canada has 3 climate zones. The East and West coasts have a maritime climate. in the North part of Canada is a polar climate. the rest has a continental climate. The general temperature of one year is about the 10 and 25 degrees. It is also possible that it’s between the -30 and 35 degrees.
Any facts about Canada
1) This is the flag of Canada (see board). But it also have a meaning. The flag of Canada was introduced in 1965. The two red stripes represent the Atlantic and the Pacific Oceans. The white area in the middle is for the polar regions. And the maple leaf symbolizes the forests of the country. The colour red commemorates the fallen soldiers in the Second World War.
2) The lowest temperature ever recorded in Canada was on -63 degrees.
3) Canada has as Netherlands 10 provinces.
4) Canada has the longest coastline in the world.
5) The Netherlands fits 240 times in Canada.
6) Canada is made up of 50 main islands.
7) The name Canada is derived from the Indian word “Kanata”, which means arrangement.
8) In Canada they pay with Canadian Dollars. One dollar is 90 cent.
9) Canada haves over the 30.000 lakes.
10) Canada haves much zinc, nickel, lead and gold under the ground.
11) The most popular sport in Canada is ice hockey.
13) Basketball was invented by a Canadian.
14) Canada’s longest place name is Pekwachnamaykoskwaskwaypinwanik. It’s a lake in Nord-East Canada.
In 1915 a Canadian black bear cub named “Winniepeg” or “Winnie” was donated to a zoo in London. Christopher Robin Milne, then a child, saw the bear cub. His father, A.A. Milne, took this as part of the inspiration for his Winnie-the-Pooh stories.
1 seconde geleden
ik denk dat dit niet goed is omdat je nummer 15 niet af hebt gemaakt en niet genoeg over dingen hebt verteld
6 jaar geledenAntwoorden