1. The name of the movie is ‘Bend it like Beckham’
2. The name of the director is Gurinder Chadha, he is born on 10 January 1960 in Nairobi, Kenya. It’s a British film director but of Indian Origin. He started his career in 1980 with a documentary for the BBC. The first movie he made was “Nice arrangement”. It was about a British Asian wedding. The movie lasted 11 minutes.
3. The main theme of the story is especially hope, because deep in her heart she continue hopes that she can play football in America.
5. I think the story takes from beginning to end for about 2 months
6. The main characters are Jess Bhamra, Jules Paxton and Joe. Jess is a friendly girl but a bit shy I think. She is approximately 18 years old. Jules is very cool and is not really like other girls, for example, she doesn’t wears very girly clothes and she doesn’t care when her nail is broken She is approximately 18 years old also. Joe is a very ordinary boy and is very kind. He is approximately 23 years old. Jess and Jules are very good friends. Jess and Joe are in the end in love with each other and Jules and Joe are good friends, but Jules is in love with Joe. Joe is the Coach and trainer of Jess and Jules.
7. Because it’s very clear in the story what Jess wants and that what I described in question 3.
9. I like to be Jules, because she form her parents she may play football and they support her. I don’t want to be the mother of Jules because she wants that her daughter becomes a real girly girl who doesn’t plays socces.
10. I think the most important event in the story is the final football match because the scout came to that match and he finally decided that Jules and Jess could go to America.
Jessminder is a girl from approximately 18 years old who really likes to play soccer. She lives in a house in London with her father, mother and sister Pinky. While Pinky is very busy with her wedding, Jess is very busy with soccer, which is not acceptable for her parents. But Jess is very good at football and she knows that. Her parents don’t like that she’s running around in a shorts, because they want that she learns how to cook, like every Indian woman does. Her parents forbid her to play football, but Jess is still going to the training secretly. She has got a very good friend, Jules, who also plays football. Jules is in love with Joe, the trainer and coach of the football team. One day Jess may go buy new shoes for the wedding of Pinky, but she buys football shoes. Her mother is very angry and forbids Jess again to play football. This time Jess really don’t go play football. Joe, the trainer feels so sad about it that he goes to the parents of Jess to talk. But there is no use. The father of Jess thinks that Jess will be disappointed. Time goes by and the wedding of Pinky is coming. There’s coming a very important match for the soccer team of Jess in Germany. Jess really wants to go but she can’t because her parents keep her in the eye very good. Pinky and Jess have an excuse invented. They say that they’re going to their nieces, but Jess is going to Germany. They lose the match, because Jess missed the penalty. In the evening, the football team goes to a disco. Late at the evening Jess takes Joe outside, they were almost kissing when Jules came outside. Jules was very angry and sad because she’s in love with Joe. In London the father of Jess is reading the newspaper and sees a picture of the football team of Jess with Jess on it. He drives to the football club where Jess also is. He takes her home and he’s very angry with her. Now it’s really over, Jess thinks. While the football team of Jess is making themselves ready for the final football game, where a scout is coming to, Jess is learning how to cook and how to do the washing up. Joe is coming again to the parents of Jess to talk, but there is again no use. Jess has already given up. The day of the wedding everything goes fine, but Jess feels sad. It’s the day of the final game, where a American scout is coming to, to look at Jess and Jules. But then there happens something nobody had expected. Jess may go to the final match! She drives to the mach and immediately starts to play. It goes very well and the scout wants that she comes to America to play. At the end she may go together with Jules, and she’s happier that she ever has been.
12. The movie is about never giving up, that your dream can come true. It’s about love, friendship, and of course about football.
13. I really liked the story because, as I said in question 12, it’s about a girl, who don’t give up, and finally has made her dream come true. That’s what made it special for me. I also liked it because it’s based on the true, because in that religion it really prevents.
I want to be normal,
Play football wherever I want,
Go out with friends,
But my religion says that I can’t.
I want to choose by myself,
What I want to do,
What I want to be,
That’s what I want them to see.
Diary page of Jules
Hello diary. I’ve got a very double feeling. I’m very sad because Jess betrayed me! I saw her kissing with Joe. It’s so unfair. I deserve him! But I’m missing her, maybe I was a bit to mean to her. But on the other hand, I’m very happy. Mother finally doesn’t nag about football. I think she sees that not every girl wants to hop around in a far too expensive dress with a Gucci bag. But why does she cry so much lately. I’ll ask it to dad.