a. Onder president Abraham Lincoln is de slavernij in de VS afgeschaft. De zwarte activist was Maarten Luther King en de titel van zijn lezig was \'I have a dream\'.
- Zwarten hebben nu dezelfde rechten als blanken.
\"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed --- We hold these these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal.\"
- Zwarten mogen ook binnen in openbare gelegenheden. \"I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.\"
- Zwarte en blanken mogen nu met elkaar omgaan.
\"I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama, whose governor\'s lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.\"
- Zwarten hebben nu stemrecht.
\"I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.\"
- Het merendeel van de zwarten woont in ghetto’s en is armer dan de gemiddelde blanken.
\"When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God\'s children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual.\"
- Er vindt nog steeds discriminatie van de zwarten plaats.
\"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.\"
voeg reactie toe